Simple Sunday Meal Idea – Lamb Wraps
Homemade Greek style lamb wraps (or souvlaki as they are widely known) have all the classic flavours of a trip to a Greek island. The tasty marinated lamb, delicious tzatziki and refreshing ribboned cucumber and tomato ensure these wraps are absolutely bursting with flavour.
Do yourself a favour and cook up these crazy simple wraps one Sunday for your family – I promise they will thank you!
- Coles lamb souvlaki strips (find here)
- Greek souvlaki wraps
- 1 cucumber – cut into thin ribbons
- 1 tomato – sliced into thin semi-circle sized slices
- Tzatziki (we love the new Chobani Meze Dip range)
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 Spanish onion – thinly sliced
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ground cumin, cinnamon, red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper and one tablespoon of water.
- Mix until sugar is dissolved and then mix in the thinly sliced Spanish onions to pickle.
- Set this aside for approximately one hour before serving for best result – stirring occasionally.
- When ready, cook lamb as per instructions on packaging (generally until browned and just cooked).
- Rest lamb for 5mins prior to assembling wraps. What’s great about this pre-marinated Coles lamb is that you don’t even have to slice it! It comes in small pieces that are great for these wraps!
- Warm wraps in the microwave or a fry pan if desired
- Assemble wraps – for best results we recommend the following order: cucumber, tomato, coriander leaves, pickled onions, lamb and finally tzatziki.
Enjoy the amazing flavour combination!
Recipe and photos by Michael Salmon